Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Eyes

 

I have looked into the eyes of an old man who crossed the borders of life to live a new lie. 
A man who has learned to toil with the tears of this new dream of pain and blood. 

I have looked at hands that are worn out with age, that have wiped tears that have hit the earth, that is their cursed mother. 

I have watched and listened to the moans of a woman giving birth at the way side to a child who will never live to see the new age. 

I have seen the soul of depression, the fear of regression and the myth that if one works hard enough, the Divine will bestow gifts at his door. 

I have seen the look that is in the eyes, which are the keys to the souls of many who know the treasure that is food. 

I have seen the truth of the brothers and sisters who have learned to live a life that is compounded with nothingness and emptiness. 

These are the lives that we all fear 
These are the eyes we turn away from, 
the truth we run away from is that in those eyes we see ourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment