Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Scramble for my uterus!

I must admit that last night I was dumbfounded when I realized that there is a scramble for my uterus. Here I was going through life minding my own business when suddenly I found myself bombarded by members of the opposite gender looking to settle down and whip out a couple or two from my uterus.


Unbeknowst to them and myself,  something was churning inside me and changing my entire perspective and outlook on this thing called matrimony. Since my last blog, I am still unsure as to why people get married and I find my heart straying from that sort of ideal. What's even more haunting is I find myself withdrawing from the thought of bursting my uterus open to bring forth offsprings into this beautiful planet of ours.

What happened to me? I woke up and realized that I have something worthwhile. So to all the women out there, please, understand that you have been given the power to bring forth life. Do not take that lightly or think that owning a puppy is a test run. It was a serious jolt to my lowering self-esteem when it dawned on me that I am the cradle wherein my offspring will lie. That is a thing of honor.

I am not advocating that one be a recluse, I'm certainly not. What I am saying is do not allow yourself to be guilted into a relationship. Don't let your Mama do it, don't let Daddy do it. Don't listen to big sis coz when your heart gets broken she's the first one to say "I never liked him away". And please, DO NOT listen to your biological clock. Take that bitch to the clockmaker and kick back with a margarita.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment