Saturday, November 21, 2009

Something Better

I will slide back into the abyss of silence for when all is said and done, it is the only refuge I crave. Much can be learned from the deep feelings triggered by the plight of one's follow man. But much can also be lost when one sees oneself as the only solution. There is a yearning within every man, I believe, to find the answer to that which has thrown the human race into a state of complete and unnaturally natural alienation. What has pulled us away from the world and away from each other? As I eagerly await an answer I lay still in the darkness of human ignorance, unaware or conniving the fact that my brother will fight me when he has had enough. There has to be something better than this.

Anyway, the darkness will envelop me and I will gladly welcome it. Yet again I will indulge in a whim that will send me to bed in a fit of rage and self hate. Why? Because I am Catholic dammit and thereby raised to hate the very passions that make me a creation of the Divine.  I dare not travel down that passionate road lest it leads to "wisdom" that can only be, in the Catholic religion, associated with the work of the devil. Allow me to digress for a minute, who says the devil rests at the bottom of the world? Do they have proof? 

Do I really care to know the answer to this question? 

Better yet, do you?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment